Bonjour Mes Amis!
Spring has now well and truly arrived, I am not sure how it happened exactly; I blinked and now everywhere I turn I see new sprouts popping out.
Here at Auberge de Seattle; French Country Inn & French Specialty Cooking School, we are so excited about this coming season. We are committed to our mission and always striving to bring you a bit of French culture while you participate in the events we offer. Basically, we celebrate all things French. Ahh...but mais oui!
We invite you to join in and experience the French “Joie de Vivre” first hand from April to October with our new excursion package called the Potager Package. We have created an interactive experience that is for three nights and four days "stay and play" that includes all of the favorite things that you enjoy about us.
It is available for a Friday arrival with checking out on Monday morning or Monday arrival with checking out on Thursday morning. Price varies based on your choice of accommodations.
1. Check-in on arrival night is in between 4:00 pm and 5:30 French hands-on cooking class from 5:30-9:00; bring your own wine to enjoy as, of yet we still do not have a liquor license, nor a winery license that we would so like to get.
2. Day two starts with our French Petit Dejeuner Francais being delivered to your room at 9:00am
· 10:00 am Meet your teacher/guide at the greenhouse after breakfast. There you will be instructed on how to tend to a Potager garden. We will teach you how start your own Potager garden at home. Plan on getting your hands dirty as you play with us: sowing plants, pricking out plants, hardening off the starts, planting in the potager garden and harvesting the vegetables, fruits and herbs.
· You will be very busy for two or three hours getting a hands-on experience.
· After working in the Potage garden, you will be hungry. Picnic lunch will be provided for you to enjoy on our property either on your private patio or someplace else that you choose on the property. The grounds are lovely and welcome you to share in their beauty.
· Your afternoon and evening will be free. You will be given some free wine tasting coupons from our favorite wineries that we recommend you to visit…among the 125 wineries we have in our Woodinville Wine Country.
3. Day three starts with a two-course gourmet breakfast of Belgian Waffle (the recipe was made famous from the Seattle 1962 World Fair) with fresh strawberries and cream and second course of bacon, eggs and potatoes.
· 1:00pm Head out to La Cuisine Auberge kitchen for a three-hour class to make Fromage Blanc with Nancy.
· 5:00pm Meet back at Auberge Du Seattle where we will all enjoy a glass of Vin Mousseux on us as a closing farewell to your adventure. It will be soon time to say “Aux Revoir Mes Amis!”
4. Day four, Your petit dejeuner breakfast will be delivered to your suite at 9:00 am. Check out is 11:00 am. Voila, Mes Amis, until next time et A Bientot!
We'll be serving:
Menus for French Classical Cuisine Cooking Classes can be seen on our website.
Make your reservation now!